Sedatives, Hypnotics and Anxiolytics
Nicknames: Quaalude, Seconal (“reds”), Valium, Xanax (“Zannies”), Librium, Ativan, Dalmane, Halcion, Restoril, barbiturates.
Sedatives, Hypnotics and Anxiolytics — The National Institute on Drug Abuse offerings.
- NIDA InfoFacts — Prescription medications such as pain relievers, tranquilizers, stimulants, and sedatives.
- NIDA InfoFacts — Methylphenidate (Ritalin)
- NIDA Research Report — Prescription Drugs, Abuse and Addiction.
Prescription Drug Abuse and Club Drug Abuse – The National Library of Medicine
- Prescription Drug Abuse — The comprehensive webpage from the National Library of Medicine MedlinePlus information service on barbiturates and benzodiazepines (Valium/Xanax) and Ritalin.
- Club Drugs Abuse — The comprehensive webpage from the National Library of Medicine MedlinePlus information service on Club Drugs such as GHB, Rohypnol, MDMA/Ecstasy, etc.
Benzodiazepine Addiction, Withdrawal & Recovery — www.benzo.org.uk
- Benzodiazepine Addiction, Withdrawal & Recovery — a website in the United Kingdom that has a large quantity of information on benzodiazepines (displayed with verve).
- Sedative Dependence from mentalhealth.com.
tl;dr: Beware the Benzo Withdrawal!